History & Achievements
Dr. Mangesh T. Karad’s biggest achievement is the building of an imperishable brand – the MIT University of Art, Design and Technology in Pune.
The institute he has built continues to make steady progress each day. As a visionary, Dr. Mangesh Karad demands a great deal more from our education system and will not be satisfied with less. He is not a status-quo-ist.
He wants MIT to rise up to the challenge of modern-day learning and adopt innovative techniques, tools and technology to build an exceptional, experience-led learning environment, where students learn by doing. He wants MIT to be recognized as a world-class platform that not just hands over degrees or imparts job skills but also life skills to its students. An institute where knowledge is not an investment in a job or an interview. Where knowledge is an investment in a student and his future.
Dr. Karad strongly believes that new learning happens only when knowledge is created through a transformative experience. Only then can a job skill begin to o-relate completely with an academic grade, which is the goal he follows at MIT, Pune.
Some of Dr. Mangesh T. Karad’s tall acheivements in making his dream a reality are:
- Prof. Dr Mangesh Karad was Honoured with Maniratna Shikshak Gaurav Award on Gandhi Jayanti Day on 5.10.2015.
- He won the IT AWARD on 20 July 2015
- He got appointed as Member On Planning And Commission In Delhi on 17.06.2015
- He was made the President of All India Management Association Pune on 17.06.2015 and has been serving as the
- Senate Member of the Pune University From 2000 till the present